Thank you for your interest in volunteering with NorthStar WI Dog Rescue & Advocacy. As an all volunteer organization, we need people of all talents to keep the organization running smoothly. There are many ways to help depending the time and skills you have to offer:
- Foster home – Provide a temporary home for a dog in great need. We has no physical location or facility where dogs are housed. Instead, we rely upon foster homes to provide temporary care and housing for our dogs until they can be placed with adoptive families. We are not breed specific but do focus on large breed dogs. Many of our dogs get along well with children and other animals (even cats!)
- Conduct Home Visits – Visit potential adopters’ homes in your area to help prepare the space and the family for their new dog.
- Become an Adoption Coordinator –Interview interested adopters and assist them in finding a dog that matches their lifestyle
- Handle a Dog at Adoption Events – Accompany a Dog at an adoption event and talk to potential adopters.
- Transport – Give a dog a ride to the vet, adoption event, or his new home
- Fundraising & Administration – organize an event, hand out brochures or flyers, offer computer and other professional skills.